Skip to main content

Evaluation of Editing Development Across Course

Efficiency:

If I'm being honest, my efficiency during the start of the course was very poor. i was not leaving enough time to complete tasks and what needed to be done was all over the place. This was a standard i did not find acceptable, to stop this from happening in future modules i would create Gantt charts to allow me to be on top of thing within my projects. However, with this in my mind i still believe i was quite poor when it came around the end i was i will end up be more efficient with my planning instead of editing which ultimately to more problems. This change drastically when it came  down to the music video module as this is the only module that i don't feel as if it was rushed./ other than this i only finished to modules on time.

Organisation:

My organisation was poor as i believe that if i was more organised i could have produced more work for my modules a better standard, my organisation of clips and footage was kept on a hard drive with different folders for different pieces of work to allow me to take these clips on the go. I don't think its necessary naming individual clips, however i did delete clips out of the hard drive once they've been used to a certain amount. i would often refer back to the mark scheme as a checklist to see what needs to be done and what I've done already, which allowed me to be quite organised in itself. In addition, i wish i discovered more organisational tactics for my work to allow my work to be more strong

Planning :

During my planning process, i used storyboards to plan and to refer to later for when i would eventually move on to the editing process of my modules. This was very effective as it helped me keep a clear viewpoint for what needed to be done in my editing. i did a lot of research on media that's in the same vain to direct me in the proper direction. An example of this would be my analysis of the code and conventions of different promotional videos to aid my promotional video, whilst also gaining inspiration to make a promotional video of my own.


Editing Abilities:


My editing as a whole improved exponentially as the course progressed. if I'm being honest my editing as a whole was already at a decent level however I feel as if I've become more aware of how to use editing as a tool to convey emotions and things in the same vein.  this can be clearly be seen in the music video I created where in certain parts of the video quick jump cuts are used to convey the in your face nature of the video. I developed different techniques and skills that I can call my own stylistic techniques that can be seen in future videos that I produce. 

Overall:

overall as i progressed i believe my editing skills have been the one aspect of my creative arsenal that has improved the most compared to the others. my editing has seen growth if you were to compare how it was at the start of the course. i learned new techniques and developed ones i already have. for example in my music video, the use of montages in the video allowed the video to be more effective for an audience and convey the music video properly and efficiently. however my planning and efficiency had cracks in it which i believe only improved slightly. i still believe that i can do things to improve it in the future like be on top of things and not allow things to fall behind in schedule. a way to improve i belive will be keeping a diary of things i need to do and sometimes doing things before they even need to be done to allow more room for improvement to be had. my organisation skills was also poor. i did things such as keep things in hardrives so I'm able to keep things with me on the go and do things when I'm out however i believe there's still roo for improvement once again. if i was to go back and the course again the things i would differently will be; be more diligent with more work and make sure stuff is done when is needed to be done and not wait till last minute to complete said things 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pitch

Idea 1 The scene begins with an establishing shot of a sofa within a living room designed in the style of which a living room will look like within the 1960s. the scene continues forward with a family jumping onto and sitting on the sofa to then enjoy family time. the family will be wearing generic clothing that is usually associated with the 1960s. facial expressions will be very very vibrant and happy to show that they're enjoying the time that they're having. still keeping the same establishing shot, the scene progresses with the family leaving and crew from the production team rearranging the set and creating a scenery of an 80s living room. the same family will return to the set wearing traditional 80s fashion whilst continuing to enjoy quality family time.  this scene repeats where the set changes into a traditional 90s and 00s living room with the cast dressing accordingly. the scene then transitions to a shot of a phone where the living room set in the 00s is on the scr

Planning and editing music video

Introduction The song I have decided to work with is a song by a close friend, Harrison Powers, that's titled "Carrying On".  they're so many reasons as to why I've decided to work with this song. After closely analysing the deeper contextual meanings behind the song with my friend I later discovered that the song has deeper meanings of alcoholism and moving and growing past the addiction that comes with it. I believe we are able to link many visual ideas to the song as well keeping the song fresh and creative to align with his musical persona he would like to portray to a general audience. The video we want to create is a simple yet effective that will drive the song further to an audience without mentioning the deeper meanings as we believe they're too personal and will end up making the video  Planning After talking to my client we finally decided that it will be best to go for a rather conventional music video that establishes different stylistic traits th

Camera Lenses and Their Effect

Types of Lenses  Wide Angle Lenses  wide-angle lenses usually range between 16 and 35mm, the overall purpose of a wide-angle lens is to capture more within your frame. this may be used for shooting landscapes and cityscapes. they're commonly known to be used in establishing shots in films to help the audience depict time, place, and context. wide angles have a deep depth of field so you are able to have more of the shot in focus. a flaw to wide-angle lenses is that when used in a close-up shot the image can look quite distorted. Macro Lenses  the purpose of a macro lens is to make tiny objects seem larger, it allows a photographer to capture little details that are not visible to the eye. macro lenses have a very close focusing distance therefore the photographer has to be very close to the object to allow the image to look very crisp.  macro lenses have a variety of focal lengths that will be used for specific things. 50mm lens will be used for objects such as a coin or some jewel