Skip to main content

Evaluation of Development of Practical Skills Across Course

I feel I have been able to gain a range of practical skills during this year, which will assist me when I work in a professional atmosphere. I have been able to provide evidence of communication with my clients, completion of health and safety protocols, setting up lighting and camera equipment to a client-acceptable standard, completion of promotional work to a client-acceptable standard, completion of all pre-production and idea generating work to a client-acceptable standard, and I have also justified my design methods across all platforms.


Communicating with a client 

When I complete units that include the completion of work for a customer, I took care of the unit as if I were in a professional setting. whether i was successful at this is up for debate as some things i did well and some things didn't do too well. for example, i was able to provide my client my clear vision and schedule of what I wanted to create whilst showing the procedures i will have to take to make things possible however what I didn't to well is making sure that my client was up to date as we would have calls about every 2 weeks due to calls being rescheduled when i aimed for it to be every Friday.


Health and safety procedures 


in  the majority of my creative projects where the health and safety crew members, my attention to detail and making sure that these people are safe have been top-notch. this is because i provide thorough risk assessments before shooting and writing how to avoid any potential risk when shooting any video for a client, whether it be a promotional video or a music video. an example of this will be me stating that when shooting in a studio, ensure that no wires are in the way by taping them down to the floor or making  sure that they are out of harms way. however to improve on this further i believe i could of added pictures of the potential risks and how the risks were tackled. I also took into account many other legal documents, for example in creating the pre-production portfolio for promotional video units I suggested that I first obtain a public and employee's responsibility insurance before the shooting so that if damage was caused by an employee, insurance will be able to cover it. to allow my portfolio to be more professional in the future i will do more research into more legal companies such as insurance companies and show evidence of this in my blog. 

Setting up equipment

I developed my practical knowledge in creative media production throughout the course. I was able to develop my knowledge of the operation of the camera. I have also developed the knowledge of the camera and lighting installations, security precautions for studios or for any production site, and have shown my knowledge of the different types of shots, and how to use technical settings of a camera in the moving images manual mode. I feel I could demonstrate a good understanding of how to instal the equipment to create desired shot over the course of this year. when providing evidence of different camera techniques i explained this knowledge through a viva in detail as to what shutter speed, ISO, aperture is. also in said viva i demonstrated how to setup two different lighting setups, Rembrandt and split. i also explained how one would be able to do this in different scenarios where they dont have the  access to lighting equipment. the fact i had to do a viva is poor, however in the end i was able to demonstrate the main techniques of a camera and how to set up equipment. one thing i would improve on is making sure i do more research and providing more evidence on my blog. 

Completing Promotional Video Unit


My end promotional video product was done to an exceptional standard in my opinion. i was to provide that will cater properly to the people that the people of fruitbowl tech wanted. i was able to successfully conduct primary and secondary research for my specific audience, so ill be aided to create a successful promotional video that is enjoyable and also memorable. my research helped drastically as it allowed me to create different ideas for my promotional video that will cater to different demographics and psychographics. my idea was memory oriented which heavily relates to the theme of the app that fruitbowl tech want to push forward. in all i believe that my plan was very thorough as to why i believe that my promotional video came out quite well. during this process my communication with my client could have ben better as once again i kept rescheduling calls due to issues however i was able to gain feedback from the client which was very positive yet critical which then gave me the green light to go ahead with my promotional video// I believe that a well-organized project is always better planned, as evidenced by my work. Before I started planning anything, I made sure to create pages and headings for every single aspect I thought was important to mention, which made it easier to complete a Gantt chart and complete all of the work because I knew what needed to be considered in advance.Finally, as previously stated, the legal and ethical considerations for the production were completed to a high standard. The only change I would have made to this section is to include a section on regulatory bodies for advertisements to ensure that the advertisement meets all of the requirements to be broadcasted online.To summarise, my production was a success because I was able to manage a large workload in a short amount of time, I was able to document and evidence changes to the work and then evaluate why changes were made, I was very organised throughout, I kept in constant contact with the client, ensuring that all of their needs were met, and finally, I planned a production that would engage, inform, and confound the audience.


Justifying my decisions made across units

throughout my blog, Ive shown justification of my actions. if its a video that im creating then i will state my  original idea and how i came up with the idea and how im going to do it. i usually come up with multiple ideas then choosing best one by weighing the pros and cons and each idea. however there is instances where i do not show my justifications, for example when i create a shot list. i dont explain why i chose certain shot types and this something i wish to improve on. to do so i believe i should explain in the story boards as to why i do certain shots. a more detailed explanation of reasoning will take my work further as it will force me to be critical of my work if im constantly finding reasons to make different shots. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pitch

Idea 1 The scene begins with an establishing shot of a sofa within a living room designed in the style of which a living room will look like within the 1960s. the scene continues forward with a family jumping onto and sitting on the sofa to then enjoy family time. the family will be wearing generic clothing that is usually associated with the 1960s. facial expressions will be very very vibrant and happy to show that they're enjoying the time that they're having. still keeping the same establishing shot, the scene progresses with the family leaving and crew from the production team rearranging the set and creating a scenery of an 80s living room. the same family will return to the set wearing traditional 80s fashion whilst continuing to enjoy quality family time.  this scene repeats where the set changes into a traditional 90s and 00s living room with the cast dressing accordingly. the scene then transitions to a shot of a phone where the living room set in the 00s is on the scr

Planning and editing music video

Introduction The song I have decided to work with is a song by a close friend, Harrison Powers, that's titled "Carrying On".  they're so many reasons as to why I've decided to work with this song. After closely analysing the deeper contextual meanings behind the song with my friend I later discovered that the song has deeper meanings of alcoholism and moving and growing past the addiction that comes with it. I believe we are able to link many visual ideas to the song as well keeping the song fresh and creative to align with his musical persona he would like to portray to a general audience. The video we want to create is a simple yet effective that will drive the song further to an audience without mentioning the deeper meanings as we believe they're too personal and will end up making the video  Planning After talking to my client we finally decided that it will be best to go for a rather conventional music video that establishes different stylistic traits th

Camera Lenses and Their Effect

Types of Lenses  Wide Angle Lenses  wide-angle lenses usually range between 16 and 35mm, the overall purpose of a wide-angle lens is to capture more within your frame. this may be used for shooting landscapes and cityscapes. they're commonly known to be used in establishing shots in films to help the audience depict time, place, and context. wide angles have a deep depth of field so you are able to have more of the shot in focus. a flaw to wide-angle lenses is that when used in a close-up shot the image can look quite distorted. Macro Lenses  the purpose of a macro lens is to make tiny objects seem larger, it allows a photographer to capture little details that are not visible to the eye. macro lenses have a very close focusing distance therefore the photographer has to be very close to the object to allow the image to look very crisp.  macro lenses have a variety of focal lengths that will be used for specific things. 50mm lens will be used for objects such as a coin or some jewel